Self-Assessment: Blog Doubt?

 

                                                                                                                                                   

Do you feel your blog meets all the rubric criteria? If not, then what areas need work?

If I could rate my blogs based on the rubric, they would definitely be in the 3's and definitely a four for creativity, because come on... who doesn't love a brown aesthetic (this ones for my melanin queens). Aside from the rubric, I can definitely work on my punctuality when posting the blogs. There is no secret that my blogs are way... behind, but with every blog, I like it to be different and uniquely me. 

Which aspects of writing assignments on a blog confuse or create stress for you? 

So far, blogs have not been a HUGE stress on me. With the many outlets we have today writing, creating, and making blogs, is not all that confusing. 

Are you putting your best efforts into assignments and blog writings, or do you procrastinate and the have trouble completing your work?

This would "MOST DEF" be the second option. I do find myself procrastinating when it comes to writing blogs at times. Whenever I do have a chance to really sit down and focus on them, I try my best to give it my all. Focusing on the designated research as well as having fun  and being creative. 

Do you review and revise your blog post for grammar, mechanics, and readability?

Yes, I go over my blog post at most twice. Blogs are all about being yourself and speaking to your audience as if you're talking to someone. I try to portray myself as much as I can through my blogs, whether that's funky mechanics, and weird grammar. I think that's all apart of connecting with your readers, especially my generation!

Writing on a blog can be risky since the blog is public and will be seen by others. How do you feel about other students reading your blog and peer-reviewing?

I do not mind peer-reviewing at all. My peers are my main target when creating blogs. I want to connect with my classmates as if they were to talk to me in real life since we are unable to do that now. As for it being public for ANYONE to see. I have yet to reveal any deep dark secrets, so read away randoms.

What would you like for us to discuss in class to help you improve your blogs?

I feel my professor covers everything there is to know about blogs and their benefits. We have endless assignments about the technological advancements or using blogs as a learning tool.

What have you learned about blogs that you did not know before?

I did not know how easy it was to create a blog, I thought there was a lot of editing and website configuring that went into creating blogs, but there is honestly nothing to it. I would not mind having a cute blog aside from this fairly interesting one.

Comments

Popular Posts