About Me

Making an 'All About Me' post is not hard, or so I thought. After my fifty-seventh try at this, I figured why not just go for it. I was trying to avoid the cliche introductions, but with my spiraling confidence, going for the cliche intros does not seem so bad. Everyone has a cliche moment, even the "boujie" one her self. In the beginning? *face-palm* Basically, I was born in Louisiana. I have given up on saying where exactly I was born because when people who are not from Louisiana (i.e Georgians) ask "Where are you from?" and I respond "Louisiana", they only think New Orleans, when there are approximately 474 cities to choose from. If the suspense is killing you however, I was born in Monroe, Louisiana and raised in a small town right off the Mississippi called Ferriday. When it was time for me to go to school my mother moved our small family to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. 

Growing up, I did many extracurricular activities such as: Art, track and field, student government and theater. When I was twelve years old, I had the opportunity to assist in my youngest brothers birth. That experience is the inspiration behind my future plans of becoming an OB/GYN. My tween years was filled with many fun learning and growing experiences. I did not want to leave my life in Louisiana. Louisiana was apart of me and everything I had ever known. Unfortunately, for me, after my freshman year of high-school, I was told that we were moving to Atlanta, Georgia. For the next five years, I dreaded everything about Georgia. Not long ago I learned to put everything behind me and just accept this "new" life. I have been working towards my career and to fund my dreams. For years I have been in denial about Georgia but, I have met many great people with friendships sure to last forever. I am finally at a place where I am excited to see where this life is headed. 

Excuse the endless grammatical error, I wanted to keep this first blog short, sweet, and unique to 'me' as possible. 


Comments

  1. I absolutly loved your about me post, it actually allowed me to get to know you and the way you think. My dad's side of the family is from Louisiana, also dont ask me what part, cause the list is long, so for short all over. I myself have grown up in the same house my whole life right outside of Atlanta, and love it! I am so glad that you have come to terms with Atlanta because it honestly has so many things to offer and will defiently allow you to go far! Also I love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts